HomeAboutPrintablesContact

Monday, October 17, 2011

What's going on in my room ~~ centers and other STUFF

We worked on an anchor chart in class today after reading Halloweiner..focusing on sequencing.
I love this center...I found it on pinterest this summer and made it.  Donuts with the middle ( CVC ) vowels written on paper plates.  They create words and read them to their friends and then write them on mini white boards!!
I think I found this on another teacher's website...but I can't remember who :o/ - let me know if it was you.  Sight Word sandwiches...the kids love building their sandwiches and reading the words to their partners.
The are using their book boxes like crazy working so hard in reading...so proud of these little guys!







I started a math journal a couple years ago...but I chose 1 student every couple days or so to write about what we learned about in math.  I save it for Open House and the parents enjoy seeing what we've learned.


My students working  hard on sight word building center.  They find the letter tiles to copy the word, spell it under it and read it to their partner.  ALSO instead of spending $$$$ on laminating if you are on a tight budget like our school.  Put your center in a page protector and it works the same.  I got a huge box donated by a parent. :o)

This project was SO much fun.  It was also found on pinterest ( my new favorite time sucker )...darling pumpkins made with strips of paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment